Job Title: Minister of Religion
Salary: £30,000 per Year
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare all idols for prayers & darshan by 6:30am and 4:30pm daily.
- Performing the aarti and prayers for each individual deity whilst also reciting the appropriate Vedic mantra and songs.
- Appropriately preparing/cooking and then offering food to each individual deity four times during the day, whilst also reciting the appropriate mantra.
- End of the day, placing each individual deity to sleep whilst also reciting the appropriate mantras and songs.
- Prepare all items for puja in readiness for all religious events according to the Hindu calendar with special attention to the Swaminarayan Sect (including birthday celebration of each God) and as directed by the Temple Management.
- Accompany the moving idol of God which followers and non-followers request visit their home to celebrate their personal occasions and to gain blessings, chanting the appropriate Vedic mantras at their homes, as directed by the Temple Management.
- Recite divine/Vedic mantras/Prayers/blessings at special occasions such as; marriage, illness, bereavement etc, in consultation with the temple management.
- Daily chanting of religious scripture and explain any queries devotees may have as directed within these pious scriptures.
- Lead and take active part in weekend Satsang activities.
Key Skills, Qualifications and experience required
- Applicants must be male only and be of Hindu brahmin cast due to religious requirements.
- Applicant should be able to read Scriptures of Shree Swaminarayan Sect with the relevant ragas and be literate In Sanskrit, Gujarati, Hindi and English. Knowledge of other languages are beneficial but not mandatory.
- Ideally the candidate should have carried out this role previously within Shree Swaminarayan Sect.
- Knowledge of one or more musical instruments are beneficial but not mandatory.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Swaminarayan Sect
Date of Posting: 08/06/2020
How to Apply: Please send your CV to email@example.com before closing date.
The closing date for applications: 08/07/2020